August 7, 2017
How to ensure you have a perfect picnic
When the sun is shining it is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a picnic in the open air with friends, family and children.
Having a picnic is the perfect way to spend a sunny day. Everybody loves going on a picnic and it something that children are able to enjoy to.
Here are our top 10 picnic essentials that you should always remember to pack:
- Food & Drinks – Top picnic essentials
- Cups, plates and cutlery – Another picnic essential to ensure is packed.
- Other kitchen utensils if needed – Depending on what food you are planning on taking with you, make sure you are able to open everything and have the utensils needed to serve with.
- Condiments – A selection of condiments are always good to have available to go with your food.
- Napkins – Always good to have on standby.
- Ice packs – These are ideal for keeping food chilled and as fresh as possible.
- Picnic blanket – Having something to lay out food or sit on is always a good idea.
- Chairs – As an alternative to a blanket and a more comfortable option.
- Rubbish bags – Boring but essential to make sure you have them so you are able to clear up after.
- Something to keep children entertained – See below for ideas.
Things to do when going on a picnic:
To keep children entertained and happy, consider taking some of these things to keep them occupied:
- A Frisbee
- A ball
- Sports equipment – Croquet, cricket stumps, tennis/ badminton rackets
- Pens and pencils to draw surroundings
- Music/ CD player
Whenever you decide to go on on a picnic make sure you have packed the essentials and have everything you need to keep children entertained. Make the most of the sunny weather by spending time outside with family and friends.
Written by Emily Martin for Harmony at Home Limited. All Rights Reserved, 2017
nanny picnic, childrens picnic, family picnic
Posted by Emily Martin, Business Administration Apprentice | Filed Under Activities for Children, Events for Families