Norland Nannies are expert practitioners from Norland College which was founded in 1892 by Emily Ward, the leading provider of childcare training. “All qualified Norland Nannies have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working as a permanent full time nanny in a family home prior to qualifying.” (1)
All Norland Nannies must successfully complete the Norland Diploma and with a combination of qualifications and experience, this will show their knowledge when they are providing professional care and education for your children. They can also offer advice and support for you and your family around your surroundings. “Norland Nannies are qualified Early Year professionals who are responsible of the care, wellbeing and education of the children in their care.” (2)
Requirements for all Norland Nannies:
- Up to date DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate
- 12h Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- 2 Verified references
Typical Norland Nanny duties:
- Physical care of the children
- Supporting and providing activities for the development of the children
- Communication with parents on all aspects of the care of their children
- Providing well balanced and nutritious meals appropriate to the needs of the children
- Cleaning and tidying the nursery, bedroom, playroom and other areas agreed with the parents
- Cleaning and tidying the accommodation provided for the nanny
- Cleaning, laundering and mending the children’s clothes and toys
- Responsibility for cleaning and maintaining household equipment relating to the care of the children
- Abilities to use all equipment related to the care of children e.g. buggies and car seats
- Travelling with the children and preparing of holidays, weekend visits, etc.
- Taking children to playgroup/nursery/school
- Taking children on outing appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Preparing for special occasion such as birthday parties
- Caring for children when they are sick an administering medicine
- Discussion with parent(s) in relation to time on and off duty, nursery expenses, transport and babysitting
Throughout their training and as a Norland Nanny, he/she should follow the Norland Code of Professional Responsibilities (3) to justify trust and confidence.
Norland Nanny Summary
Norland Nannies are students, who have successfully completed the Norland Diploma at Norland College. Their knowledge and experience will be shown when they are providing professional care for your child/children.
As a Norland Nanny, he/she must follow the Norland Code of Professional Responsibilities. If a Norlander is found to be in breach of the Norland College Code of Professional Responsibilities, he/she can be removed from the Register following decision by the Disciplinary Committee.
Norland Nannies are responsible for all nursery duties, this includes cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Other duties can be negotiated in the nanny contract, but a Norland Nanny should not be expected to complete housework as part of their role that is not directly related to the care of the children.
You can find Norland Nannies by using reputable Nanny Agencies.