November 4, 2016
For the next couple of weeks the BBC’s LovetoRead campaign will be taking place and the time to start reading is now. The LovetoRead campaign promotes and encourages us to read. And for children, this is an important skill to learn and to continue with their development. Reading is an important life skill that we must all know and on the weekend, the 5th and 6th of November, the LovetoRead weekend will arrive and the opportunity to stop what you’re doing, sit down, relax and read a book you enjoy will be here. Over the course of this campaign, it will be celebrated by many different platforms such as TV, where programmes on Saturdays on BBC 2 will be ‘Books Nights’ which shall involve reading and viewing different authors and much more. Also on radio 2, there will be a host of Authors spending time on the radio talking about their individual books and the enjoyment of reading and there will also be a social media campaign where you can communicate with fellow book readers and make or receive suggestions on books.
Here is a list of our top 5 books for Babies and Toddlers
- Dear Zoo – A child friendly book that allows children to lift up the flaps to discover the different animals the zoo has sent with colourful sketches and intriguing animals.
- Can’t you sleep little bear? – A lovely illustrated book that tells a story of how big bear cares for little bear who is struggling to sleep
- The Gruffalo – An intriguing story of when a mouse came face to face with different animals including a Gruffalo. With Strong colours and a clever story
- Dr Seuss’s ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book! – A beginning into the world of the alphabet where imagery and creativity is used to begin the learning of the alphabet
- Winnie-the-Pooh – In this classic tale of Winnie-the-Pooh, follow the journey to the North Pole with the other animals in this visually stunning and fun story.
Here is a list of our top 5 books for Pre-schoolers/Primary School Children
- Don’t be Horrid, Henry! – In this fun tale of Horrid Henry when Perfect Peter is born, Horrid Henry is trying his best to get rid of him but not succeeding. This book is perfect for early readers, with fun pictures.
- Mr Tickle – This funny book is perfect for early readers looking for a challenge while having some fun enjoying the comedy and images of Mr Tickle
- Fantastic Mr Fox – This challenging book will really push your child’s reading skills with an interesting tale of “farmer versus vermin”
- Mary Poppins – The classic Story of Mary Poppins, a special nanny that uses the art of magic to make this story a very exciting read, this story is one to really intrigue your child and further their skills in reading.
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone – In this incredibly popular story that follows the character Harry Potter on his adventure into his First Year at Hogwarts. A much more difficult read but one that will sure improve your child’s reading skills and challenge them to a much longer book.
Harmony at Home Limited. All Rights Reserved, 2016
Posted by Harmony at Home Head Office Team | Filed Under Activities for Children, Education, Expert Advice, Top Tips for Nannies